Saturday, March 15, 2014

Police cake

This cake is hot!!! A friend mine said it best lol. I was asked to make this cake by a lady who was a friend of a friend of mine (did ya get that). She told me that she was graduating from Police Academy  and she need a cake. Then she send me a picture of a cake that looked similar to this one.  So I said yes I can make that. I was excited to get started. I couldn't wait to make the gun!

As you can see here I simply used good ole rice krispy treats to make the gun, then covered with fondant. I think it is better than carving a cake into the shape you want.

The cuffs were just white fondant that I sprayed with the silver shimmer in the can.
I thought I would dye the white fondant gray using a little black paint. Why did that turn my fondant a light purple, What, how, who..I don't know!! Anyway, I figured it out. The badge was made the same way.

This part was a surprise. The baton was made with just fondant. She was excited when she saw this, because it was not in the picture she sent. I love to add unexpected things :)

Sorry I didn't do a step by step for this one. However it was a 2 layer lemon cake with lemon buttercream frosting. She loved everything about this cake!
Thanks for visiting!

No comments:

Post a Comment